Independent Advocacy Service
Independent Advocacy enables people to be heard and is a process of encouraging and supporting someone to speak up for themselves and/or representing their views to others.
Are you, or is someone you know:
- an older person living in the community and needing support and representation?
- a person living in the community with a physical disability needing support and representation?
- an older person living in a care home or in hospital needing support and representation?
- an older person thinking about moving into long stay care?
The West Lothian professional advocacy service is provided by Edinburgh Advocacy Representation Service (EARS West Lothian) and is free, confidential and independent.
By seeking to uphold the rights of older people living in the community, older people already in, or moving into, long stay care or people living in the community with a physical disability, the service aims to ensure that older people will:
- be respected and listened to
- be involved in decisions that affects their lives
- have aspirations for the future
- contribute to and participate in their communities
EARS Advocacy Service
14 Ashley Place